Friday 12 February 2016

January Cat Lady

I'm sort of from a family of cat ladies, so for Christmas, my sister and I treated my Gran to a spot of afternoon tea at Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium. Since we lost Suzie at the grand old age of 20 a few months ago, I know my Gran has been a little sad - having come to the conclusion that she probably won't get another cat of her own, we thought this might be the next best thing.

Quite a bit has changed about the café since I visited it shortly after it opened back in 2014 but it's still a nice experience. I've heard mixed reviews over the years, with a few complaining that the cats seem bored, that the food was average but I can't say that either time I've visited that that has been the case.




I feel like I've been quite lucky to go when it's not been busy and the cats have been pretty active. There's something so relaxing about petting a cat. Even though most of the cats aren't lap cats, it's not like that's something I'm not used to so it was just nice to be there. The staff were a little more strict about touching the cats while they're sleeping and things like that but other than that it was a really lovely afternoon.





Wookie is still my favourite, with his human face and the fact he's about 15 times the size of a regular cat :)










How cute are these little sandwiches? ^_^










We spent a little over two hours there, unfortunately my sister had work in the evening so it meant we couldn't keep on mooching once we'd finished. My hipster Gran was quite taken with the Sunday markets of Brick Lane.




It's so lovely to sit inside and see how happy people walking by are when the see the cats in the window

I can't really recommend Lady Dinah's enough, we actually weren't the only people to take our Granny there that afternoon either. It's such a cute way to spend a January Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: