Saturday 23 August 2014

What a Great Day to Have a Great Birthday.


My first proper day of being 25 was wonderful, and while the birthday effect has worn off a bit, making these memories with Moon, who was an absolute sweetheart, was just the best and I had such a great time.





Don't get me wrong, one of the best parts of the day was scrubbing off London once I got home, but wandering around and being a bit of a tourist was pretty fun. I shared breakfast with cats, got to see a play I'd been dying to see, and in a box no less, ate at the fanciest Mexican restaurant and walked around London at gone 9pm and didn't feel like I was going to be robbed - winner.










Sitting in a box was so fancy, we might have had to share with a few people but we got first refusal at the bar so...
My favourite part of the play was just before intermission, have you seen it? I thought it was so clever!


Covent Gardening.


If only these weren't like £2.50 a bag. Love a fizzy pug head.


Always ask for what's warm.


Meeting Jack 'Humble Eyebrows' Lucas because birthday and Masterchef.




It was a long day but a good one and we really crammed it all in. Turns out Moon and I are a little uncool for La Bodega Negra, the birthday restaurant of choice, but that's okay because our waiter was super-cute and nice and we just laughed about how ridiculous sitting in the near-dark with the loudest music was - it was amazingly delicious and some of the best food I've ever eaten though.


La Bodega Negra :: Exterior.





Discovering a new favourite cocktail - a Watermelon Lush, so good.


Couldn't stop thinking about those prawn tacos, dayum.


We went for the Pollo Al Sarten, Habanero Soft Shell Crab and the Roasted Corn Salad. Oh my!






The whole day just lifted me up when I needed it most and I'm hoping that it's a sign of starting as I mean to go on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: