Saturday 23 June 2012

June Glossybox.

This was a pretty welcome surprise, as it doesn't seem like that long ago since I received my last Glossybox, it's not just me that it's so irregular for is it?

I'm going to start off by being honest and saying I was a little disappointed at first glance of this month's box, and reading through I can't say that I was excited by it that much either. I was almost ready to throw in the towel for cheaper alternatives and give up on Glossybox altogether, but that's what's so great about these sample boxes, they give you a chance to try things and that's actually a really good thing.
I'm actually really happy with all but one product this month, even if Glossybox' tailoring remains slightly at question and I didn't get a shower gel this time around.

I guess I was getting kind of used to these special edition boxes, as I've only had two normal ones before and at intervals. The month's box was to the theme of 'Summer style', showcasing smaller replacements to things that would normally take up a lot of space, as well as fresher essential products, exactly how we want to be feeling at this time of year, even if the weather disagrees.


Glossybox Serie Exclusiv Pro Beauty Brush, RRP: £15
I don't actually have any make up that I can use this brush with, it feels nice though and is made of goats hair. It also matches last month's Glossybox birthday mirror quite nicely.
('scuse the cat hair)


Mini Mascara, ultra-volume Sexy Pulp, Yves Rocher France, Full-size: £16
Sadly this was this month's let-down. Firstly, the applicator for this sample size was clumsy and quite difficult to use, but also, it doesn't - in my experience - do as it claims to. My eyelashes weren't any more plumped with this mascara than with my standard Maybelline one, which is a third of the price and does a slightly better job.



Summer Warmth Bronzer, BM Beauty, Full-size: £8
I used this as an eyeshadow, but now see you can use it all over, which isn't really my style. I don't really get on with loose powder either as it just goes everywhere and I get so stressed. I used Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion (in Original) to help me out a little. It has a nice shimmer to it and closely matches the colour of eyeshadow I tend to go for out of my everyday palette so I should get some good use out of it and it being mineral-based is a nice bonus.

Here's how I wore it:



Day/Night 3-Step Mini Kit, Clean Start by Dermalogica, Full-size: £12
I was really unsure about this product, but having given it a proper go this week, I really like it. I haven't used such a good cleanser in ages, and I find my skin is much brighter and has less tendency to be greasy since using it. I really trust Dermalogica as a brand but always saw it as a bit out of my price-range, this seems really affordable though and it actually works! I think I'll see the kit through before making a decision as my skin is incredibly temperamental. I must mention the toner too, which was a bit unusual as you just spray it directly onto you face, even though it's a bit different to what I'm used to it's pretty refreshing and smells amazing. Lastly, the moisturiser is lovely, I actually look forward to putting it on in the mornings, so despite it's slightly medical box and being so initially sceptical, this is probably my favourite this month.



Dermablend Ultra-Corrective Foundation Cream Stick, Vichy, Full-size: £18
I feel like this is where Glossybox' tailoring really fell down this month, and I was about ready to full-on blast them for including this product when anyone could use it because *blah blah blah*...
But, it's incredible! I don't actually have that bad skin, I think that I think it's a lot worst than it is anyway, and yes I have the odd spot but nothing to hide about, not often anyway. I'm genuinely thinking about investing in this wonder-product, more so than any of the others mentioned above. It's much nicer to wear than over-all foundation as you only put in on blemished areas, which it covers up incredibly well, so it feels almost like you're walking around bare-faced.
I've included some before and after photos below for you to have a look for yourself.



So there's my thoughts on this month's Glossybox, I'd love to hear what you think. Do you subscribe to any beauty boxes? What products did you get this month?

5 comments:

  1. oooh i like how you wore the bronzer on your eyes! i didnt think of doing this I just tried it on my face but i think id prefer it as an eyeshadow to be honest! following you :) check out my blog and follow back if you like :) would appreciate it! alltheprettythings-x.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so many bloggers saying they were a little let down this month! I am interested to try the clean start products :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of the only months that I hadn't read any reviews. I was down anyway, but once I tried everything out it was surprisingly good. x

      Delete
  3. nice review. i got sun lotion and tweezers instead of dermalogica and mascara. i would of liked the dermalogica though.
    Im glad to get the Vicky although the brush let me down. see my review
    jennimystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bronzer sample looks amazing worn as an eyeshadow, I hadn't considered that for mine x

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: