Thursday 15 March 2012

Spring Mint.

Apparently the football is on, so I thought I'd take some time to give you a quick update.

I have an interview for a Media Researcher position with BSkyB tomorrow, which I think is a pretty big deal. It is a little bit daunting thinking of all the people who must have applied for the role but it's great to have even been considered for an interview. I'm still going to go in faking confidence though, as I feel like it's similar to the kind of role I've taken on as an intern so I should be able to do it.

I'm posting today to share with you an outfit I wore the other day, I think it really sums up how the weather has been at the moment, how amazing was it today? Saying that, I did make the mistake of not bringing a cardigan down to Moon's for this evening and am currently slobbing it up in one of his massive man hoodies. Hopefully you'll see this as a slightly more flattering outfit.


Cardigan: H&M
Dress: TK Maxx
Necklaces: Primark, H&M
Tights: Dorothy Perkins
Socks: New Look
Boots: River Island



These a little bit worse for wear at the moment as I haven't cleaned them since Moon and I went to Richmond Park a few weeks ago. They're still really comfortable, but much less structured than they were, I'm going to go on a hunt for tips on how to fix this/see if I can even fix it.



Topshop



I picked up that dress in TK Maxx a couple of weeks ago, while in a 'it needs to be Spring now' kind of mood. I love it but was given a challenge by Moon who claimed I would be unable to pull it off. It's a slightly different length to the dresses that I usually wear but I love how floaty and girly it makes me feel, was an instant mood-lifter after the lame-fest that was attending the Job Centre on Monday.

I've been wearing the LancĂ´me mascara that I got in my Glossybox instead of my usual, and I actually can't say that I really notice that much difference. In the picture below I even have one on one eye and the other on the other. I mean it's a nice mascara, don't get me wrong, but I'm pretty high-street and I couldn't justify it being almost 4 times the price of my usual when I don't feel that it's that amazing. I guess I did catch my Rimmel mascara on a good day, but I don't mind waiting for a good day, especially when 'bad days' aren't actually that bad.

So, I mentioned that I had a bit of an Etsy-fest last week, I did restrain myself, but also picked up a couple of things, one I'm still waiting for, but these delights popped through the letterbox this morning, amazing. I'm not sure why I got them but they're so adorable and different from anything I've ever really seen before. I got them from Flapper Girl and they arrived pretty quickly, I can't wait to try them out.





Here is how my nails look today, I was inspired by Kaylah over at The Dainty Squid when she modelled her robin's egg polka dot nails. I basically worked with what I had, putting my trusty eBay nail-art pen to work, I think it makes a bit of a change from my standard flowers and leopard print.

Base: Models Own, Jade Stone
Glitter: Rimmel, Disco Ball
Top coat: BeautyUK Matte Top Coat

I finally caved today and picked up a new perfume, despite what I said when I reviewed my Glossbybox. Most perfume is currently 10% off at Superdrug and I've been lusting after Lacoste 'Touch of Pink' since forever. It's a bit fruity but also so fresh, I usually get bought perfume so it was quite liberating to be able to make my own choice over how I should smell (lolz).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: