Tuesday 11 October 2011

The Renegade Craft Fair and other things.

Last Friday night was the first time Moon has ever slept over at my house, which was nice because I have better pillows than him. After being really stressed out at the beginning of last week, I calmed down a lot and took a few personal days to take my mind off my depressing job hunt. Taking time out resulted in considering booking my theory driving test and finally editing down the images to be uploaded onto my online portfolio because it seriously needs an update.


When Moon got here on Friday we had stew and watched Friday-night telly, not really exciting but nice anyway.

What I Wore 07/10/2011:
Cardigan: Topshop
Scarf: Primark
Dress: Dorothy Perkins
Belt: Primark
Tights: Dorothy Perkins
Boots: Fitflop
First time busting out the wooly boots, I have no idea what October thinks it's playing at. Also got complimented on the tights, I find it weird that people don't know where to buy coloured tights, I'm pretty sure nearly everywhere does them now.



On Saturday we woke up late but thought that we should definitely do something so took ourselves to Brick Lane to have a look at the markets, as well as have a quick nose around the vintage shops, not that that was much cop.

We accidentally stumbled into The Renegade Craft Fair, which was being held in The Old Truman Brewery. It was really cool, with lots of work from independent artists and loads of different craft-related stalls. Sadly I came away empty handed but I'm definitely considering a What Party? embroidery as well as a Jimbobart plate and a poster from the Bungaloo. Moon was lusting over the Bungaloo's My Morning Jacket poster, fanboy.
It was nice to just look though, and it's good that I can refer back to this when I have the room and money to buy all these lovely things. A list of the artist's that were at the Renegade Craft fair can be found here, I hope that they put another one on soon.










After looking at the craft fair we had a wander around Brick Lane, making the now obligatory trip to Rough Trade and venturing into a lacklustre vintage clothes market that was also being held at the Old Truman Brewery. It was a nice day out because it actually felt like we had done something and it was a bit more interesting than hanging out at home or in somewhere like Crawley. The public transport situation was lame though and we walked all the way from Brick Lane to London Bridge, getting a bit, but not too lost on the way.



I find it funny that every other person walking around this area had some kind of camera yet nearly everyone doing anything is funny about you taking photos. What are fun things to look at if there's not even a choice of whether you can or can't take a photograph or not?



Taking the opportunity to say this stall's stuff was overpriced because he wouldn't let me take a photo of the neat way he'd laid out his merchandise.


The most noisy street performer, ever.





I went back with Moon to his house where we were disappointed with X Factor and couldn't stream An Idiot Abroad. On Sunday morning we went to Rusper carboot with Chris and it wasn't as good as last time, but I have a feeling it's because we were a bit too early (even though it doesn't start until 12pm). I picked up some delicious strawberries and a dress, which was a bargain at £1.50.





I spent Sunday evening with my Gran and cousins catching up and eating. It was nice, and I have a potential job too, an advantage of having a close family.
I feel a bit guilty for writing a post about the weekend when the weekend was a whole two days ago, but I just haven't had the time, you'll see why later.

To find out more about the Renegade Craft fair, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: