Wednesday 29 June 2011

Glasto2k11 Photos.

So it's taking ages to upload the photos onto Facebook but for some reason the ones I've put onto Flickr were done hours ago. So here is my mandatory 'here are my photos from Glastonbury' post.

Despite the fact that I only took my Canon 90IS AND the fact that it practically fell apart (thanks Dan for the electrical tape), the photos actually look a lot better than I thought they would, even if I do say so myself. I was feeling pretty pessimistic after a quick run-through in-camera but it just goes to show that you should always have a proper look on your computer when working with digital.

So, I think my previous post pretty much said all I had to say about how awesome Glastonbury was.
I feel like I want to add how much I hate NME after reading it this afternoon; why the hell does it have to be so angsty about everything, hardly anything was positive, I think it's time NME grew up. I'm not a big reader of NME anyway and usually only browse it if they're taking about something I've been to and this weeks issue fully confirms that they are just wrong. The photos are brilliant though. I'm just all about event photography at the moment anyway, particularly from Glastonbury - obviously because I've been there, but also because there's such an eclectic mix of styles from each of the photographers, it's really exciting for me.

My favourite images so far can be found as part of Boston.com's Big Picture feature, the captions are a bit hit-and-miss, I think it's because it's American, but the photo selection is brilliant and I love the size and layout of the page. I love that each year usually has a couple kissing as well, nice.
© Cathal McNaughton/Reuters
I saw this man, it was pretty awesome initially but from behind, the manufacturing was much less impressive

© Adrian Dennis/AFP/Getty Images

© Matt Cardy/Getty Images


Flickr Set














Here's a panorama from Sidmouth, which we visited enroute to Bodmin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: